In this STEAM Activity, moppets will make a custom made Pan Flute or Pan Pipe utilizing straws in only couple of minutes! Subsequent to building their own wind instrument, children will begin investigating the study of sound.
- Plastic Straws
How To Make
- Take five wide straws and cut them into differing lengths. (We cut our into 14cm, 12cm, 10cm, 8cm, and 6cm lengths) – Encourage kids to quantify and cut their own particular straws.
- We made our Pan Pipes to just investigate how the diverse lengths of each straw influence the sound you can make with it. But, if you want to create a proper scale, you need to make your pan pipe with 8 straws (6cm, 8cm, 10cm, 12cm, 14cm, 16cm, 18cm, and 20cm lengths).
- Simply spread out a line of sticky take with the sticky part looking UP.
- Lay every one of the straws on the sticky tape.
- Fasten the straws with the tape and there you have your wind pipe instrument.
Moppet’s can obviously hear their breath change as it goes through each straw. If your interested to know the STEAM behind this DIY Instrument click here.
Like and Follow our Face book page to get regular updates on activities to engage moppet’s at home.
Article by Vaishnavi Yelchur